We're Hiring: Player Manager (Card Strategy)
June 19 2019
Player Manager (Card Strategy).
Team Liquid is searching for a multi-talented card games expert to manage our players across Hearthstone, Magic, Autochess, and more. Our roster in these games fields some of the biggest names in streaming and competitive play. We’re looking for a manager who can help push them even further!
Job Title: Player Manager (Card Strategy).
Type: Independent Contractor.
Location: Remote — Must coordinate work hours with supervising managers in NA and EU.
Reports to: Head of Athletics.
A successful candidate is:
- Organized. Our ideal candidate will be the support system for our Card Games players and provide all ancillary services such as scheduling obligations, and coordinating with Team Liquid management regarding all player needs.
- A good communicator. A big part of the job will be acting as the liaison between the greater Team Liquid organization and our players.
- Proactive. As a very active scene in esports, our team will require a lot of promotion and development through our Manager.
- Flexible. Our ideal candidate must be able to work across different time zones to accommodate overseas staff and meet deadlines on short notice.
- Brand aware. Our Manager will be our main representative in Card Games and must conduct themselves with utmost professionalism.
- Manage Team Liquid’s players and ensure that they meet all media, sponsor, and tournament obligations.
- Supervise Team Liquid’s players during events, public appearances, and community initiatives.
- Manage player travel, accommodations and player requests and organize player schedules.
- Maintain constant communication with, and report to, other Team Liquid managers, supervising managers, and the CEO regarding player schedules, obligations and developments.
- Coordinate with other Team Liquid departments for all player requests, including but not limited to social media posts, sponsored content, signing sessions, interviews, photo sessions, video sessions, AMAs, Discord events, and others.
- Manage Team Liquid’s community initiatives in Card Games, including fan events, fan meets, and public appearances.
- Assist Team Liquid’s PR, Communications, and Client Services departments in communicating with clients, partners, media outlets, fan groups, tournament organizers, and other third parties.
- Excellent written and fluent verbal communication skills in English.
- Must have experience as a community manager at live events and online.
- Work experience in global companies is a bonus but not required.
- Work experience as a video editor is a bonus but not required.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Attn: Player Manager (Card Strategy)".
League of Legends Your 4X LCS Champions are now running SAP With the League of Legends World Championship right around the corner, SAP is extending their esports involvement with us by collaborating with our League of Legends team.
League of Legends TFT Worlds Comps If you’ve been paying attention to League of Legends lately you’ll know that the TFT craze is hitting absolutely everyone. Most reasonable people would assume you would suggest your players and coaches stop playing TFT until after Worlds but what if you went in the other direction?
League of Legends Liquid Analytics with Coach Yaltz We spoke to Yaltz about what it takes to be a good analyst, the difficulties of coaching, and his vast amount of experience from guiding players through small amateur tournaments to leading the charge in a franchised league.
Dota 2 Team Liquid's TI Drafts: Analyzing Comfort Heroes Team Liquid recently placed second at the largest Dota 2 event of the year, The International. They made an incredible run through the lower bracket to reach the grand finals. With SAP's help, we took a closer look at Liquid’s run to identify what they did differently to achieve such success.