We're Hiring: LCS Academy Head Coach
May 02 2019
Help Team Liquid develop the next wave of LCS stars. We are searching for a talented head coach for our Academy team who can help our players grow in and out of the game. Our Head Coach will be working at the AWTF with some of the most decorated LCS staff and players, and of course, they get to eat Chef Manny's food.
LCS Academy Head Coach
Job Title: LCS Academy Head Coach.
Location: AWTF, Santa Monica, CA.
Reports to: Team Manager, LCS Head Coach.
A successful candidate is:
- Responsible. The Academy Head Coach will take direct responsibility for Team Liquid’s Academy Athletes. This includes but is not limited to competitive performance, transportation, sponsor obligations, meals, commercial and personal schedules & the coordination thereof.
- A Problem Solver. The Academy Head Coach must be able to recognize conflict or personnel issues, identify areas for improvement or potential solutions,and provide the necessary direction in order to resolve team situations.
- Holistic. The Academy Head Coach will be expected to promote a balanced lifestyle and positive team culture, and should understand the importance of mental and physical health when it comes to player performance.
- Organized. Our Academy coach will function as an intermediary between the coaching staff and various support departments that work with the team, and should be able to present all information in concise and comprehensible documents.
- Professional. As a leader of the team and representative of the organization, our Academy coach must embody the values that Team Liquid holds dear and serve as a mentor to the players to develop both competitive and business professional skills.
- Manage scrimmage schedule for team and supervise scrims, match play and practice environment at The Alienware Training Facility.
- Evaluate and provide reports on players performance, strategies, and drafts.
- Assist owner and GM in the recruitment, training and selection of players for LCS team and Academy teams (ie participate in Scouting Grounds).
- Understand all athletic rules and regulations, and assure compliance and consistency among staff and athletes.
- Monitor the overall health and condition of all athletes and forward all dietary concerns to the team chef.
- Read & answer emails promptly. Carry out directives from supervisor, and communicate needs for materials and supplies at least one week in advance.
- Ask the right questions to help the players lead discussion in post-game reviews.
- Assist the analyst team in creating scouting reports on Academy opponents, regional strategies, and pick/ban metas, and apply this knowledge to the team’s in-game strategy.
- Create and implement structure for the Academy team that promotes improvement and personal development.
- Deliver performance results in terms of both wins and visible improvement.
- Assist General Manager and LCS Head Coach in additional tasks required for the success of our League of Legends teams.
- Ensure a high level of team synergy via communication, team bonding, gameplay analysis, appreciative/encouraging feedback and game expertise.
- Manage Athletes and their day to day activities, transportation, lodging or miscellaneous needs.
- Excellent communication skills in verbal and written English with a strong attention to detail.
- Situational leadership and ability to evaluate requirements for various management styles, patience and encouraging an open communication environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of League of Legends, including but not limited to macro game, laning stages, pick ban strategy, itemization, and champion synergy.
- Proficiency in:
- Google docs and sheets
- Image editing (with available and appropriate software)
- Google docs and sheets
- Experience in interpreting data and analytics to identify areas of improvement.
- 1+ years coaching experience within esports in a similar position or higher.
- High Solo Queue rating (Diamond or higher) is a bonus but not a requirement.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Attn: LCS Academy Head Coach Application".
League of Legends League of Legends Management Update Artress is stepping down from his position as Team Manager for our League of Legends roster with Coach Dodo and Fasffy taking over his duties.
League of Legends Locked and Loaded: Team Liquid enters Free Fire We are excited to announce that we are taking our first steps into a new esport — we’re entering the world of Garena Free Fire.
League of Legends Raise Your Subs to Another Three Years We couldn’t get enough subs during our championship-filled 2019 season. In fact, we want even more turkey and provolone as we speak, during this announcement. So it only makes sense to extend our partnership with North America’s favorite sandwich shop, Jersey Mike’s Subs, through 2023. That’s three more years of subs - and content, of course.