We're Hiring: Clash Royale Data Analyst
March 18 2019
Team Liquid is getting ready for the 2019 Clash Royale League season, and we require a Data Analyst who can give our players the edge during practice and play.
Clash Royale Data Analysts
Job Title: Clash Royale Data Analyst.
Type: Independent Contractor.
Location: Remote, North America.
Reports to: Head Analyst, Clash Royale Team Manager.
A successful candidate is:
- Analytical. Our ideal candidate possesses an astute mind that can parse information and focus on highly significant details.
- Self-motivated. Our analyst will work remotely and should manage their time to complete the weekly deliverables.
- Reliable. Our Clash Royale team plays three times a week, and we need our analyst to prepare materials in time for practice.
- A Clash Royale expert. Staying up-to-date on the current competitive meta through review and first-hand experience are requirements for our analyst.
- Organized. Data presentation is an important part of the job, and our ideal candidate understands how to explain even the most complex concepts.
- Detail-oriented. Small details separate the best teams, and we require an analyst that can see advantages that are easy to miss.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Excellent understanding of MS Excel, Google sheets/docs, and similar programs.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Clash Royale, including but not limited to game metas, deck compositions, and card ban strategy.
- Experience in data analysis fields required.
- A high ladder rating is preferred.
- Knowledge of the Clash Royale professional scene preferred.
- Watch their assigned competitive Clash Royale matches and create documents that log pertinent information.
- Submit weekly summaries of CRL Asia, EU, NA, and LATAM.
- Research specific game information as assigned by the coaching staff, including card placements, card preferences, winrates, and bans.
- Assist in general research subjects.
Since our Analyst position is technical in nature, we would like you to complete the following two (2) tasks to demonstrate your suitability for the role. Please complete these tasks as comprehensively as possible while displaying: 1.) A high level of understanding of Clash Royale; and 2.) An ability to present that analysis clearly and concisely.
Task 1: Player Analysis
Pick a player and build a dataset of their deck usages, win rates with and against various decks, and any other information you think may be valuable. This can be presented in the format of your choosing.
Task 2: Team Analysis
Pick a team and build a dataset of their deck usages, win rates with and against various decks, bans, and any other information you think may be valuable. This can be presented in the format of your choosing.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume and completed tasks to email@example.com with the subject line "Attn: Clash Royale Data Analyst Application".
We prefer that all documents (resume, cover letter, and above tasks) are submitted as Google Drive links, but this is not required. Applications must be in English.
Apex Legends Apex Legends: Pro Guide Who better to help you up your game than our very own Apex Legends roster? Most of our squad is super flexible when it comes to Legend selection, but they all have their favorites and they were more than happy to talk about how to improve on them.
Dota 2 Dabuz's Ultimate Tier List With pro's discovering new tech and strategies regularly in Ultimate we have seen the tier lists constantly change in response. We talked to Dabuz about what makes these tier lists so fluid and who he thinks the top contenders are in a rapidly evolving game.
Street Fighter 4 John Takeuchi: Year One John Takeuchi had an accelerated entrance into the world of esports. Unlike most of our talented players, John had never had a professional sponsor before landing a deal with Team Liquid. At only 20 when the ink dried on his contract, John’s world was about to expand in ways he never expected.