TL Position Opening: Position Coach, League of Legends
October 06 2015
SummaryFor the 2016 NA LCS, Team Liquid is looking to add positional coaches to the League of Legends staff. As a position coach for Team Liquid, you will interface with the League of Legends players, teams, and staff to optimize a roles performance. The job is remote and will look to start in November 2015.
Since it is remote, this posting is open to all regions. We are looking for candidates with a very high level of in-game skill and enjoy working in both 1 on 1 and team settings.
Job TitlePosition Coach, eSports
Job DescriptionType: Part-time Contractor
Compensation: Varied based on experience
Location: Remote, but if located in Santa Monica welcome to come to offices to work
- Work closely with individual players by talking 1 on 1, discussing strategy, reviewing scrims and solo queue tape, playing 1 vs 1’s, or any additional activities that may be requested from the staff and players.
- Report session results and takeaways to staff and coaching.
- Work with staff to build and use analytics tools
- Evaluate opposing teams: their individual players picks and tendencies.
- Monitor the overall health and condition of the individual player.
- Deliver performance results.
- Read & answer emails promptly. Carry out plans from supervisors and communicate needs for resources.
Job RequirementsThe applicant must possess
- Must be at least Masters tier.
- Capable of working in partnership with both coaches and players.
- A baseline understanding the latest in statistical research and analytic trends across eSports.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- If applying for the Mid or ADC roles, you must speak both Korean and English.
Education and Relevant Job ExperienceA high solo-queue rating and any previous League of Legends competitive experience (whether playing or coaching).
Application ProcessTo apply, please email email@example.com with the following items::
- SUBJECT LINE: [Tier, Name and Role]. For example, [Challenger 300lp, Steve Arhancet and Support].
- COVER LETTER: That demonstrates your written communication skills that MUST include:
- A link to your in-game profile showing your solo queue rating
- A link to a video clip of you explaining the laning phase of your respective role you are applying for for any game you choose. The clips should be no longer than 5 minutes long.
- No resume is required
If the above instructions are not completed, your application will be dismissed.
Rocket League TL hits the road with Hercules Tires Cars are cool. But tires are how you go places. Team Liquid joins up with historic tire brand Hercules to buff up our Rocket League tournaments.
League of Legends | Smash | Dota 2 What in the hell is a Dota 2? (BSJ will tell you) "What in the hell is a Dota 2?" you ask. Don't worry. BSJ will tell you. Learn about Dota 2, BSJ, and a few other related things in this very straightforward guide to the world's most broken MOBA.
Smash Melee was Never/Always Lonely In Melee, competing can feel lonely even when everything the scene has comes from community. Logan sees a metaphor for the odd mingling of isolation and community through the car ride home after the local and looks deeper into how communities are built through an interview with TO DarkGenex.
StarCraft 2 | Hearthstone | Smash | Dota 2 | Apex Legends | Valorant TL x IMC x Room to Read: A Streamathon Reflection This year, Team Liquid joined in on IMC's efforts to raise funds for a good cause: literacy and education! IMC has been supporting Room to Read for 6 years now by donating a day of profits to the award-winning literacy and education non-profit. This year, Liquid joined in with a 24-hour streamathon that raised over $8,000. We reflect back on the event, thank the wonderful athletes and creators who helped out, and look to do more in the future.